Watch this video to see how to create an assignment in your Alta course.
The following instructs how to create and edit an assignment.
1. Navigate to your course, click Coursework and select Manage.
2. Click Add and select Assignment on the next page.
3. Choose the Chapter that includes the topic you’d like your assignment to be on and select the checkboxes next to the Learning Objectives to include. You may also select the checkbox next next to the whole Topic name to include all of its available LOs. You may choose to filter only the LOs that are so far Unassigned or those which you have already Selected.
4. Note the counter at the bottom of the Objectives page that will show how many objectives you’ve selected, the range for how many questions on average a student will have to answer, and an estimation for the amount of time the assignment will take a student to complete. Click Next to continue.
5. On the next screen, the assignment name will auto-populate but you may choose to rename it. Choose the date that your assignment will be available, as well as the due date. After your students begin their assignment, you’ll still be able to edit the name and due date/time. If you want to alter the objectives you've selected, click the Edit button.
5. If you’d like to preview the material included in each learning objective, simply click on the title. You’ll be brought to a page where you can easily filter between questions and instruction and scroll through the potential content your student could see. You can also toggle between the topic learning objectives using the top dropdown.
6. When you’re finished previewing, click Close Preview at the top right of your screen.
To edit assignments:
1. Navigate to your Coursework tab and click Manage.
2. Next to the assignment you’d like to edit, click the three dots and select Edit.
3. Choose Edit again from the assignment page. Make your desired changes and click Save Changes to finish. You can check on or off learning objectives here, as well. Note: You cannot edit assignments after students have begun working on them!
The following video shows the steps for how to edit an assignment.
If you’d ever like to view questions and instruction in an assignment you’ve already added, simply follow the steps above to Edit your assignment. Instead of making changes, simply click on the learning objective whose questions or instruction you’d like to review. Click Close Preview when you’re finished.