Enabling evaluation per assignment in Blackboard ensures that your students receive points for completing their Alta assignments/quizzes/tests.
- Select an assignment from your Blackboard course and click the drop-down arrow to Edit.
2. Click the radio button for Yes next to Enable Evaluation. Then enter in the desired points available and make it visible to students. You also have the option to create a due date to match the due date selected in Alta; however, this is not a necessity. The due date in Alta is when the grade will be sent to the gradebook.
- If you do not have partial credit enabled for adaptive assignments this will be a completion grade. A score will either be 0 or the maximum number of points set. For assessments (quizzes or tests), this will be a regular percentage grade.
- If you’ve turned on partial credit, your students’ grades will flow to Blackboard as well. For example, if a student has 75% mastery at the due date a score of 75 points out of 100 will be sent to the LMS.
3. Click Submit when you are finished to save the evaluation settings.
Note this needs to be done for each assignment in the Blackboard course to ensure successful gradebook passback.
Check out this support article in case you forgot to enable evaluation prior to students working in the coursework item.